GRQA199 L ocation:
Vancouver, BC Term:
Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
We are growing our QA Team and are looking for energetic and easy going individuals who are interested in expanding their existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and capable of working in a larger synergetic team setting.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies and have what it takes to narrow down those hard to reproduce bugs! Role Responsibilities:
- Design and maintain the automated test framework(s) that the QA developer works on
- Write clean, well-tested, automation code in Java
- Identify, report and verify software defects and work with developers to help to reproduce and resolve bugs
- Report and escalate bugs that are found in the application via automated testing
- Assist with the setup and trouble-shooting of test environments that are owned by the team
- Assist QA staff with the automation framework and troubleshoot broken tests
- Provide effort estimates for tasks the team is working on
- Provide feedback on test automation architecture and requirements that relate to the features being worked on
- Work in a client-server environment that requires the use of both front end (web app) and back end to execute test cases
- Create software that can be executed regularly in an automated fashion (i.e. via CI server)
- Follow GR test automation best practices for creating software
- Provide feedback on requirements that relate to the features the automation team is working on
- Capture feedback from team members on the test framework and enable this feedback to be visible to senior team members
- 2-4 years of web application automation test experience with Java
- In-depth understanding of testing methodologies and their relevance to the product under test
- Granular understanding of points of integration between product under test and other test suites
- General understanding of domains and networking principles
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in co-ordination with coworkers (rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you)
- Able to create an automation test framework that addresses a business need from scratch
- Participates in technical design of automated frameworks and is able to apply associated design patterns
- Understand and make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs in automation code with ample thought given to the growth of the framework
- In most cases, is able to perform timely troubleshooting of the automation framework without the involvement of developers
- A basic understanding of MIME email format, mail headers, mail servers (SMTP and IMAP) and mail clients (i.e. MS Outlook/Outlook Express)
- Comfortable working on Linux and Windows Platforms
- Experience with GIT or SVN
- Experience with tools such as J-Meter/Test Partner/Selenium for Functional Automation
- Previous work experience with manual testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 28, 2016
Closes:January 27, 2017