Salary: $45,000 – $55,000
Are you a Project Accountant with at least one year working for a General Contractor under your belt? Would amazing benefits and great RRSP plan put some pep in your step? Join the fun and friendly team of this local land developer and discover what it’s like to find your home!
Committed to sustainability and specializing in residential, commercial, and institutional projects, this well-established and local real estate developer offers great stability and long-term growth. This employee first organization really takes care of its’ own and that can be seen in the lucrative pension plan offered as well as in the long tenure of the staff. With a solid pipeline of projects and a supportive team, this company provides the perfect foundation for a successful career.
Reporting into the Controller, the Project Accountant will be responsible for the project accounting on institutional projects.
The key accountabilities for this role are as follows:
- Work closely with Development Managers to manage the budget for each assigned project
- Maintain the project cost budgets and produce job costing reports for management review
- Ensure all financial adjustments are properly reflected in the tracking, invoicing and reporting system
- Manage project invoicing and draw process for each assigned project
- Manage the project’s AR process, including the monthly progress draw
- Regular reconciliation of invoices related to each project
- Ongoing maintenance and monthly reconciliation of project ledger
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and manage the cheque runs
- Assist with the year-end audit
- Oversee calculations related to loan interest and payment remittances
The following are considered requirements:
- 1+ years’ experience in project accounting with a construction company or developer
- Job costing experience
- Strong past experience in AP for a construction company or developer
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to liaise in a confident and professional manner with C-level executives
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables & v-lookups)
The following are considered assets:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Experience using Yardi software
- Experience in corporate accounting
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $45,000 to $55,000 per annum
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Extended Medical, Dental, Paramedicals (Chiro, etc)
- MSP Paid
- Health Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca
to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Tarryn Moore for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Posted: September 30, 2016
Closes:November 29, 2016