Intermediate Machine Shop Foreman: Harvey 2378
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Machine Shop Foreman, for our company located in Surrey, BC.
- This position exists to ensure the products and services we provide are safe, reliable, and best in class.
- The machine shop foreman also inspects work in process, and upon completion, to ensure all components meet the required standards.
- This helps ensure our customers have the highest quality products and services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all shop personnel in daily activities to maximize productivity, efficiency and safety.
- Collaborate and assist team in troubleshooting and development of all technical manufacturing requirements including, programming, tool selection, technical advice, instruction and training on set-up, operation and efficient use of shop equipment.
- Assists in making decisions on types and specifications of new machine tools required for machine shop.
- Crew scheduling & attendance.
- Production efficiency planning, job routing & expediting.
- Trains new employees.
- Inspects work orders for quality and quantity.
- Analyzes work problems and recommends solutions and /or disciplinary action.
- Oversees the safety of the area.
- Operate or run machines and equipment as needed to support various projects
- Assist in the bidding process of manufactured parts.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and lead employees
- Required to have strong problem solving, good communication and social skills.
- Required to write and express oneself in a clear, logical and comprehensible manner.
- Must be experienced in Manual & CNC setups & machining.
- Experience with quality management systems
- Minimum 3-5 Years supervising shop workers
- Cam software experience is required (i.e. Master Cam, Gibbs, etc.)
- You must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle in Canada.
- Working hours: 6:30 am to 3:00 pm Monday – Friday.
- May be required to work overtime over 40 hours a week and / or 10 hour shifts, especially when working with customer and production deadlines or training.
- May be required to report to work on short or limited notice.
- This position is an hourly position.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current experience
Benefits package is available
Note: Applications will be sent to email@example.com.
Manufacturing and Production