Job ID #2928
Due to a recent promotion, the firm is in need of a person to work with one of the partners in his busy Litigation practice. You would be responsible for all aspects of managing client and file information, including establishing and maintaining organizational systems to manage paper-flow; client contact; drafting and filing documents; billing and administrative tasks.
Below are the details and qualifications required:
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing
- File preparation and management
- Time entry, billings and client status reports
- Maintain BF systems
- Book court dates and discoveries, and communicate with court registries
- Organize and assemble chambers records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Minimum 3 years’ litigation experience
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Detail oriented – excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading ability
- Exceptionally organized with an ability to manage a high volume of work and multi-task
- Ability to take initiative and think ahead
- Familiarity with Supreme Court and Court of Appeal rules, procedures and forms
- Ability to locate and cite case law and other authorities
- Positive and willing attitude
- Flexibility to perform occasional overtime on short notice is required
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed an accredited LAA program
To apply, please send all resumes attention to Kimberly at firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com, while quoting the job title and job ID # in the subject line.
While we thank all those who apply for their time, only those who are short-listed will be contacted due to the high volume of resumes received.
Thank you for considering R.JOHNSON in your job search. Check out our Legal Recruitment Blog and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.