Intermediate Estimator – Residential Renovations and TI Construction – 37.5 Hour Week
Salary: $55,000 - $70,000
This is a great opportunity to join a growing Vancouver-based company as an Intermediate Estimator; with the opportunity to run the occasional project as a Construction Advisor.
This expanding contracting company is redefining the renovation and TI industry with a focus on the Customer. They are bridging the gap between quality construction and excellent customer service. Each project is taken on with a responsibility to the Client, the environment and with pride in the finished product. They want to become the go to construction professional in BC and across Canada. No job is too small or too big; from minor kitchen repairs to entire remodels and laneway suites. They also have a history of giving back to the community.
Specific Job Description
You will report to the Senior Estimator and work on Residential renovations and Commercial TI bids from $250 - $2M. You will be mentored by the senior estimator, who will be more involved in your work on the larger projects. Additionally, you will take on a Construction Advisor role (Project Manager) as may be required due to workload fluctuations. Some specific duties are detailed below:
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors and prepares subcontractor bid packages
- Review drawings and site conditions to identify risks that the tender presents
- Prepare take-offs, quantity surveys and help determine scopes of work
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for contemplated change orders or claims for on-going projects.
- Take part in business development activities as required and follow up on client leads
- Estimating experience (2+ years) in the residential renovation and commercial TI industry
- Strong ability to read and interpret construction blueprints
- Developing network of local trades in the residential and commercial markets
- Focused, process driven and detail oriented
- Assets: Education in construction (diploma level or higher), Red Seal a in construction trade
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $55,000 - $70,000
- Vacation: 2 weeks, and closed around Christmas
- 37.5 hour work-week
- Benefits through Sirius – 50% split on premiums (<$50 per pay period)
- Extended medical, dental, paramedical, life insurance, AD&D, & travel insurance
- Car reimbursement or corporate fleet access.
How to Apply
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: [email protected]
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca
to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Mark Fedyshen at 604-689-8687 ext. 248
for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
** Also follow me Mark Fedyshen on twitter (@MarkFedRecruits
) for further job opportunities and construction news.
Posted: February 22, 2017
Closes:April 23, 2017