ALBERTA OR BRITISH COLUMBIA #GlobalMining
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
We have an opportunity for a Civil/Water Resources Engineer to join our Mine Water Team on a full-time basis in BC or Alberta An overview of your role will include:
You will have a background in:
- Conducting hydrologic assessments, site-wide and local area water balances, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, and design of water diversions and control structures
- Leading surface water resources projects, including watershed management, impact assessments, natural channel design, flood mapping, and environmental compliance and permitting. utilize and develop technical skills related to watershed analysis, hydrology, climate change impacts, and hydraulic modeling (1D and/or 2D) to support assessments and design
- Conducting field studies involving flow measurements and water quality sampling
- Coordination within multidisciplinary teams and providing guidance to other staff
- Preparation and review of deliverables including drawings and technical specifications
- Other duties as required
- A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering from an accredited university is required, and a post graduate degree is preferred
- 6 years minimum experience in surface water management projects
- Eligibility to register as an Engineer with relevant provincial professional organization
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic analyses
- Understanding of water balances, including experience developing models using GoldSim software
- Familiarity with hydrology, hydraulics, database and GIS software
- Experience in river engineering, dam breach and/or flood analysis, fluvial geomorphology and scour analysis, and exposure to environmental impact assessments and surface water monitoring programs
- Experience within the mining, infrastructure, and/or power sectors
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent technical writing skills
- An ability to manage time and resources effectively
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.