IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking an Intermediate Automation Engineer to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Reviewing and understanding business and functional requirements and the impact of proposed implementation on the overall integrity of the software.
- Performing all major QA and testing activities (manual testing and automation), including test planning, test design and execution, creating bug reports, reporting on testing progress and results.
- Participating in building automated testing to balance automated and manual test execution.
- Creation, maintenance, and execution of functional/regression test plans to enhance our constantly growing suite of tests and enhance testing coverage.
- Communicating with stakeholders and other colleagues to clarify any ambiguity, gain required knowledge and information not outlined in the requirements specifications but vital to thorough? testing.
- Assess and escalate critical or high impact quality issues.
- Share knowledge and educate team members on best practices ensuring better quality across the product.
- As a member of a cross-functional team, you are motivated to do what it takes to help the team succeed.
Top Skills Required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in QA testing (automation and manual).
- Understanding of the software development life cycle of a large project.
- Experience reviewing feature specifications, creating test estimates, writing test plans, generating test data, executing test plans.
- Experience with defect tracking systems and test management systems.
- Experience using Web Service Clients.
- Hands-on experience of highly scalable data warehouses and reporting solutions.
- Experience in Oracle RDBMS and high-performance data ETL.
- Experience with C# and .NET Framework is preferred.
- UI automation test tools experience, e.g. Selenium.
- Version Control Tools experience, e.g. Azure DevOps or similar
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.