The Intermediate Accountant works under the direction of their immediate supervisor to ensure accurate financial statements. The incumbent executes, with limited assistance, the daily procedures for their accounting areas including communications with the different sites, reviewing daily transactions, coordinating with other accounting team members, and ensuring timeliness of deliverables. Tasks
- Coordinates the collection of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial information and preparation of timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensures all transactional processing is performed in accordance with established internal controls and accounting standards.
- Ensures appropriate financial recordkeeping, information system utilization and financial reporting.
- Liaises with various departments/sites to obtain accounting transaction support.
- Performs monthly recognition of revenues per pre-established margins.
- Performs monthly recording of intercompany transactions.
- Performs transaction analyses to calculate journal entry amounts.
- Responsible for the balancing of sub-ledgers.
- Records monthly journal entries.
- Gathers supporting documentation for internal and external audits.
- Assists in the preparation of additional account analysis and reporting for Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc requests.
- Assists in the preparation of internal and Corporate financial statements
- Understands and follows internal control policies with respect to their procedures.
- Additional duties/projects as required.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Bachelor&rsquo s degree in Accounting
- Studying for CPA an asset
- 2-4 years accounting experience in a large manufacturing environment or in a major CPA firm.
- Basic knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
- Good knowledge of excel required. Comfortable with v-lookups, & filtering of data.
- Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Infor LN)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
- Fast learner with experience in a fast paced environment.
- Fluent in French and English (verbal and written).
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance