Wanted: Intermediate Accountant
Are you looking to join a performance team? Does the idea of having a positive impact on the planet excite you? Would you rather come to work in jeans? If so, we're looking for you!
- Have pulled recyclables out of the trash
- Appreciate a good debate even with your boss
- Figure out how to fix it instead of who is to blame
- Paid for your own stuff when you were a teenager
- Are excited about building empowered teams
- Are really interested in electric vehicles
- Believe we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children
- Work to protect and restore the environment
- Aren't afraid to make mistakes as long as we learn
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience
- Are committed to creating team dynamics that create empowerment vs. entitlement
Our Core Values: Commit to a culture that builds a strong COMMUNITYFoster CREATIVITY to inspire fresh innovationEmbrace COURAGE by taking action despite uncertaintyLive with Awareness and CONSCIOUSNESS of our choices
The Opportunity: The mission of the Intermediate Accountant role is to support the Finance Team in achieving company goals through reviewing the day to day transactions and assist in the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package.
This role requires an individual that thrives in an environment of continuous improvement, and problem solving. Teamwork and adaptability will be critical to success. Meeting deadlines and understanding the details within the general ledger brings joy to your heart.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of trial balance accounts and variance analysis
- Maintain schedules including fixed assets, prepayments, inter-company, etc.
- Preparing monthly sales commissions reports
- Customer management with sales order invoicing, RMAs and credit limit approvals.
- Prepare and submit a variety of sales tax returns and supporting documentation
- Work with the operations team to ensure proper inventory reporting and cost allocation
- Assist with year-end preparations. Working directly with the audit team to ensure accuracy of balance sheet reporting, supporting documents and answer questions as required.
- Cost reporting, assist with identifying problem areas, savings, overall price analysis
Qualifications (What might describe you)
- 3+ years experience in an accounting role
- Skilled in general ledger account reconciliations
- Experience with variance analysis against forecasted / budgeted performance
- Skilled in working collaboratively with a variety of roles outside the accounting area
- Ability to foresee the impact of one's actions across an organization
- Ability to track and execute on a variety of ongoing reporting and task deadlines
- Pursuing CPA designation
Commitment to Diversity:
Pela is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that we will grow and learn better with a diverse team. When recruiting for new members of our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.
Salary: $55000-$65000 How to Apply http://pelacase.com/pages/job-posting?gh_jid=4116749003
Banking, Finance and Insurance