Unique opportunity for a well-rounded, collaborative, and entrepreneurially minded Intermediate Accountant who is seeking long-term career development.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a leading outsourced financial partner for early-stage and high-growth mining companies, whether private or about to become public. From day-to-day management of the finance function to corporate compliance, our client is specialized in delivering customized, flexible and fully managed strategic financial solutions.
What- the Role:
We are seeking a new Intermediate Accountant who will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties:
- Prepare working papers and draft financial statements
- Coordinate payroll processing activities
- Prepare weekly cash position report
- Perform monthly reconciliations
- Verify the work performed by Accounts Payable, e.g., coding vendor invoices, review and reconcile credit card invoices and payments
- Prepare and enter adjusting journal entries: bank, payables, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, depreciation, etc.
- Assist with year-end audit
- Reconcile and submit quarterly GST returns and other regulatory filings to CRA
Who- the Candidate:
- Minimum two-year accounting diploma
- Pursuing of CPA designation is highly preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks software an asset
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must be able to multi-tasks effectively
- Must have excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
The company is headquartered in Greater Vancouver. The Intermediate Accountant can work from the office full-time or can do a mix of work from home and work from the office (1-2 days), even after the pandemic has ended.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications. Participation in the company’s bonus plan and health & dental benefits. Please discuss further with SWIM.
How to Apply:
SWIM will be representing shortlisted candidates directly to the hiring managers for review. If you are interested and would like to discuss further, please let me know soon as the search is moving quickly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume. Thank you!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance