Our client is a well-renowned Vancouver Organization and a leader in their field. They are looking for a polished and professional individual, who is extremely flexible and detail orientated with superior communicational skills, numerically minded with exceptional customer service skills.
To provide comprehensive information by phone, email, or in person to clients regarding the negotiated benefit programs, program guidelines, reimbursement amounts and T4A’s. You will be required to process benefit payments for eligible individuals and ensure that there is a sufficient supply of program specific forms and cheques. You will have the opportunity to suggest changes and improvements to the process if required. The successful candidate will also be responsible for running various pre-programmed reports on a scheduled or as needed basis.
Who you are!
You are great with numbers and systems, are an extremely friendly individual, as well as have exceptional customer service skills. You also love working as part of a team and can deal with high volumes of calls and requests.
Where is it based?
It is based on West Broadway, a stone’s throw from Downtown Vancouver and easily accessible via transit or vehicle.
- Coordinate sales and renewal administration of insurance programs for Members by providing comprehensive information on contracts, enrollments, renewal processes, program termination and sales
- Liaise with prospective Members’ insurance carriers, biometric collection providers, and health care service providers throughout the programs lifecycle
- Engage in continuous quality improvement process across all Insurance programs in terms of product, processes and service
- Solve member concerns by liaising within the organization and external stake-holder groups to problem solve, develop solutions, and negotiate resolutions with insurers/biomedical collection providers. Bring issues to the attention of management and escalate for Committee resolution when warranted
- Ensure premium funds are paid and allocated according to the terms of all contracts and proactively work to reduce program costs where possible
- Build relationships and manage 3rd party servicing on behalf of members when cases are involved with external parties
- Review all insurance applications, member requests, and insurer communications for accuracy and completeness
- Add coverage or coverage changes to system files, prepare and issue certificates of insurance, benefit statements and other coverage materials to insured plan participants
- Prepare cheque requisitions, insurance renewals, generate month-end reports to archive, performs accounts receivable premium invoicing and premium adjustments, process and balance deposits
- Maintain relevant system databases, tracking spreadsheets, and adhere to legislated insurance document retention requirements when coordinating the processing of forms and ad hoc Member directives
- Produce monthly outstanding accounts listings, investigate delinquent accounts and take appropriate action to notify members and seek payment. Follow-up using multiple contact avenues to collect funds. When appropriate, terminates coverage for non-payment and produce required member termination notification
- Coordinate Life and Disability claims including preparation and issuance of claims package to prospective claimants. Assist with insurer notification and document submission, confirm income details with MSP and resulting benefit amount and conduct beneficiary research, confirmation and/or contact
- Monitor insurer updates until file completion, monitor weekly claims report, conduct annual check of open/closed files, issue closed letters and surveys to members once no longer disabled
- Coordinate Health Benefits Trust Fund Core Plus claims through initial contact, and provision of forms and information to adjudication and payment. Review all documentation received and determine eligibility according to CRA guidelines and contractual requirements, issue correspondence and initiate banking withdrawals and deposits accordingly
- Administer the Parental Leave Program, including preparation and issuance of claims package to prospective claimants, confirm income, maintain tracking spreadsheet and claimant files, follow-up for outstanding information and declarations, enters approved claims into database and processes weekly claims payments through Scotia
- Collaborate on messaging for campaigns, member notifications, and medical office administration manuals
- Assist with offsite insurance marketing events and presentations where required
- Completion of post-secondary diploma or technical training equivalent to up to 2 years plus 3 - 5 years of related experience (or an equivalent combination)
- High level of computer literacy including comprehension of Windows based systems, intermediate level Word and Excel skills and email and internet capabilities
- Superior customer service skills and ability
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with basic mathematical functions and data entry
- High degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills, including computer file management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- Ability to multi-task, balance priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Completion of basic accounting or bookkeeping course is considered an asset
- Successful completion of the Certified Employee Benefits Specialist Program courses. Principles & Applications of Life, Health, and other Group Benefits considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of all insurance contracts, program details, legal liabilities and limitations, legislative requirements under the Insurance Act of each province and PIPEDA privacy law
Timeline for this role
The client is looking to interview perspective candidates asap with an asap start for the successful candidate once all due-diligence has been completed.
What’s in it for you?
This is a full time permanent opportunity, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to work in an organization that is giving back in Vancouver with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sarah-Ann McCabe, Recruitment Manager, quoting reference #2858-S, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.