December 31, 2018
Teck Highland Valley Copper Partnership (THVCP) is currently accepting applications for the position of Journeyperson Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic
This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and will be accountable for the following: Responsibilities:
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, through promotion and adherence to established Safety and Environmental policies and procedures;
- Install and calibrate instruments used for measurement and control in production;
- Repair and maintain process control field instrumentation;
- Troubleshooting of instrumentation devices;
- Perform in a team-orientated environment with various trades;
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Journeyperson Interprovincial Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic with Red Seal Endorsement;
- Minimum 4 years' experience in an industrial environment;
- Minimum of a valid driver's license (BC Class 7N or equivalent);
- Experience with control systems, DCS and PLC experience would be a definite asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Must be willing to work two 12-hour days followed by two 12-hour nightshifts followed by four days off.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically via https://jobs.teck.com .
Highland Valley Copper is one of Canada's largest base metal copper-moly mines and is owned and operated by Teck Resources. The Highland Valley is a very attractive location offering a wide variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, skiing, fishing and golf. The mine site is a 50 minute drive from Kamloops, BC which provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake which all exude a small town community atmosphere. Highland Valley Copper offers an attractive salary and benefits package including relocation assistance.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach in building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2016, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the seventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. .#LI-MP1 Job Segment:
Mechanic, Instrumentation, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Operations, Engineering, Mining, Energy