Instructional Specialist follows the Positive Behaviour Support Plan, Supported Employment Plan or Autism Plan of Intervention developed by a Behaviour or LDP Consultant. As a team member under the direction of the designated Behaviour or LDP Consultant, the Consultant provides training and support to individuals with a variety of support needs and their support team. They train to independently implement strategies in the BSP or Supported Employment Plan with fidelity.
You will be a key member of a team of passionate professionals committed to inclusion and diversity. Upon completing internal demonstration criteria Instructional Specialist position will lead to a position as an Implementation Consultant and put you on a fast learning track to becoming a Behaviour Consultant. You will be a recognized leader in the community you serve, practicing the principles of positive behaviour support and person centred planning. As a trusted member of the CBI team you will have a positive impact on peoples lives on a daily basis.
- Follow individualized behaviour support or supported employment plan
- Train team to implement plan strategies with fidelity
- Report to Behaviour or LDP Consultant to keep them updated on status of the case
- Keep up to date case records
- Maintain regular contact with all collateral team members
- Attend initial meetings when new referrals are assigned
- At the direction of the Behaviour Consultant, complete assessment protocols (Personal Profile; direct observations in home, school and/or community; baseline videos)
- At the direction of the LDP Consultant, to implement the recommendations in the Supported Employment Plan which has been developed by the CBI LDP Consultant, following CBI's Self-directed Lifestyle Development Plan
- Follow the relevant CBI Consultant Planning Tool to complete all tasks in the development and implementation, monitoring, and follow up of the plan
- Train team members in home, community, school or job site using a variety of teaching methods, including: modelling strategies; providing write-ups and explanation of the strategy; providing generic videos of the strategy
- Develop and/or support the team to develop visual supports in collaboration with CBI media team and as directed by Behaviour or LDP Consultant (materials such as visual calendars / schedules, both low and high-tech communication aides, instructional supports and so on)
- On-site job coaching
Education and relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s degree an asset
- Equivalent experience in a related field
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Premiere for video editing is an asset
- Non-violent crisis Intervention and/or Mandt
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Clearance letter for vulnerable populations
- Two professional references
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Hours
- Position involves working during business hours, evenings, and weekends according to needs of current case load
Wages and benefits
- This role includes a competency-based salary increase: Increases to wage are applied following the completion of Knowledge stage and subsequently following the completion of the Demonstration stage. Pro-rated benefits include holiday accrual and extended health. Salary is outlined in the CBI employment letter.
- Position may involve supporting communities within Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, and other jurisdictions as required.
- CBI Consultants has been providing person centered inclusive practices since 1990. We are committed to full inclusion for persons with disabilities. In 1992, we published a research paper outlining our person centered positive practices – The Lifestyle Development Process (LDP), Journal of the Association for Persons with Severe Handicaps.We have provided training and technical assistance to more than 5,000 family members, school personnel, and community living personnel throughout the world.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019