Are you an instructional designer with experience leading teams to develop timely, cost-effective, quality training programs?
As an instructional project lead, you'll be responsible for advanced instructional design and project management to guide programs and courses that build the skills of our WorkSafeBC team. You'll contribute to our goals of promoting occupational health and safety and supporting people injured at work. What you'll do
As an instructional project lead you will:
Is this a good fit for you?
- Lead the development of training programs, ensuring that they meet specific learning needs and fulfill organizational goals and requirements
- Assess, plan, negotiate, organize, monitor, and evaluate all project related activities on training projects - including authoring project management documents such as project charters, project plans, and status reports
- Oversee the daily work activities of your assigned team including monitoring progress, setting priorities, and providing work direction
- Provide quality assurance to your team to ensure compliance with instructional design best practices, quality standards, ethical and legal regulations and organizational policies, practices, and guidelines
- Liaise with internal customers to establish and maintain training services
We're looking for someone who is:
Your experience and educational background:
- A senior instructional designer who is able to develop programs and provide quality oversight to the design team
- A project manager in a technical/business setting
- Client-focused and able to develop strong relationships with internal customers
To learn more about this role, meet Maura and see how her work contributes to a culture of learning and development at WorkSafeBC.
- A minimum of six years of directly related experience in the development of job-specific adult education programs using advanced instructional design and learning technologies for training, instructional design project management, and performance support projects. This experience consists of the following:
- at least four years instructional design
- at least one year instructional design project management
- at least one year in a team leadership or supervisory role
- A degree in one of the following:
- adult education
- instructional systems design
- educational technology
- human performance technology
- leadership and training
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Please send any additional application materials via email to Talent Team by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a starting annual salary range of $71,177 to $89,815, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life. Learn more about what we offer .
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.