Are you an Instructional Designer
who enjoys working in a team environment to develop course materials for both e-learning and classroom training? Our Instructional Designer position offers an opportunity to provide end to end support for our Learning and Development Services team in developing program and curricula, and designing and developing instructional material for classroom training, e-learning, self-study, and on-the-job courses for WorkSafeBC employees. How you'll make a difference:
You'll build and empower teams that serve workers and employers across B.C. Where you'll work
WorkSafeBC, we currently offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally onsite at the Richmond office. What you'll do
Is this a good fit for you?
- Assess training needs by consulting with internal and external stakeholders, subject matter experts, and instructional staff to ensure accuracy and relevance of content to training
- Develop training materials using educational theory and best practice related to classroom and online learning and teaching, including course outlines and descriptions, student modules and e-learning lessons, instructor guides, learning activities, PowerPoint presentations, and other instructional and performance support materials
- Design and develop formative and summative evaluation processes, including tests, for new and existing training programs
- Develop and conduct internal train-the-trainer programs to assist trainers/instructors in the deliverance of training programs
We're looking for someone who can:
Your background and experience
- Develop, maintain, and expand working partnerships with various internal clients, staff, and external consultants
- Apply principles of instructional design, development, and evaluation processes
- Maintain an understanding of current developments and issues in adult education and instructional technology and incorporate new methods, techniques, information education, training, consultation and communication
- Work experience in teaching or working in development and design of adult education (e.g., instructional design/development work, course development)
- Three years of experience required with a bachelor's degree in Education
- Four years of experience required with a bachelor's degree in any discipline
- Five years of experience required with a diploma in Adult Education , Instructional Technology, or a similar discipline
Important to know
- Experience developing course material in both e-learning and classroom environments is required
- Working knowledge of various instructional technologies
- Working knowledge of project management models
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are. Our benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Extensive health care and dental benefits
- Optional leave and earned-time-off arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
- Reimbursement towards two annual professional memberships
: Find out what we offer . Salary
: $40.15 - $47.05/hourly; $75,697 - $88,704/annually Want to apply?
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Education and Training