Job Description Summary
Are you passionate about Instructional Design? Interested in joining Canada's largest biotech company recognized 4 years consecutively as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. In this role, you will design and produce high quality, engaging learning solutions for the leadership and talent development programs at STEMCELL.
Be responsible for the building of training content and materials for various delivery channels including Instructor-Led, eLearning or self-directed learning to support the application and sustainment of learning for participants. Bring creative and innovative approaches as you collaborate with key stakeholders to continuously improve learning experiences.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Scope, design, develop, and evaluate engaging and interactive learning solutions including eLearning and learning materials to support the development of leadership skills and competencies
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and team members to continuously improve learning experiences aligned with future growth across the business
- Bring innovative approaches to designing for scalable learning impact aligned with the STEMCELL Leadership Capabilities in a high growth environment
- Ensures all courses and programs are developed with a learner-centred, globally inclusive viewpoint with consideration of DEI objectives and international audiences and clear evaluation criteria
- Design engaging and interactive eLearning and other on-demand, self-paced activities to maximize retention, application, and impact
- Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of relevant experience and a f ormal post-degree education in instructional design, learning & development and/or adult learning or equivalent additional work experience
- Experience in designing and developing learning content and assets for a variety of delivery methodologies including classroom and eLearning
- Knowledge and application of adult learning theory, training needs analysis, and learning evaluation
- Project management and the ability to meet project quality expectations within schedule commitments
- Experience building training assets for soft skills
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.