The mission of the Retail Technology department is to provide technology solutions that unlock business value while delivering excellent end-user experiences.THE OPPORTUNITY
Aritzia is growing and our Retail Technology team is growing with it. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the team responsible for architecting, designing, implementing, and continuously improving retail technology solutions. You will play a vital role in collaborating with cross-functional partners to architect, design, and build solutions that are flexible, scalable, and reliable, enabling us to deliver everyday luxury experiences to our clients. Your expertise will be crucial as you engage with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams, leveraging your technical proficiency throughout various stages of the technology delivery lifecycle. This includes requirements gathering, design / architecture definition, and development. By employing industry best practices, you will ensure that all aspects of our solutions are designed to achieve optimal scalability and reliability, aligning with the high standards set by Aritzia. With your valuable contribution to the business in this role, the opportunities are endless-from a rewarding career in Retail Technology to continued growth with Aritzia.THE ROLE
As the Senior Solution Architect, Retail Technology, you will:
- Assists with establishing the vision, mission, and strategy for Retail Technology, including the creation of a comprehensive plan to continuously improve and scale Aritzia's point of sale, payment systems and next-generation end-user devices.
- Determine the architecture required to deliver the portfolio of retail products that will include Aritzia's point of sale and payment systems across integration, observability / monitoring, CI/CD and overall solution architecture while accounting for the underlying business architecture.
- Own the Architecture blueprint for Retail Technology which will speak to the sequencing of the roadmap and the mitigation of technical debt.
- Architect end-to-end solutions that meet business requirements and align with industry best practices, ensuring the solutions are scalable, reliable, and capable of accommodating future growth and emerging trends.
- Lead the design and development efforts, considering factors such as system integration, data management, security, performance, and user experience, ensuring adherence to development standards, quality guidelines, and best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Incorporate system reliability engineering practices into delivery & service processes leveraging automation and market relevant frameworks.
- Champion and institute best practices & scalable technical excellence.
The Senior Solution Architect, Retail Technology, has:
- Proven and best-in-class skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in:
- Point of Sale (POS) technologies, frameworks, and protocols
- Cloud infrastructure, networks, end-user technologies, architecture, and platform engineering technologies
- Proven experience as a Solutions Architect or similar role, designing and implementing scalable and reliable POS solutions in the retail industry
- Strong understanding of retail business processes, including inventory management, sales, and client services
- Experience in managing vendor relationships and evaluating third-party solutions.
- Experience in designing the application E2E knowing all design patterns
- Experience in exposing capabilities through RESTful web services and GraphQL.
- Experience in AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience in creating implementations that include technologies such as SAP CPI, Mulesoft, AWS Lambda, Google Pub/Sub and Confluent Kafka.
- Experience in containerization through Kubernetes and Docker.
- Understanding of architecture frameworks including UML, TOGAF and Open Architecture
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodology like Scrum and SAFe
- Knowledge of security best practices and data privacy regulations related to POS systems.
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia's Values and Business and People Leadership principles
- The skills to collaborate strategically with cross-functional partners in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The ability to set clear objectives and design a strategy that inspires the team
- A dedication to quality and investing in results and new business opportunities that add value
The typical hiring range for this position is $130,000-$150,000 CAD per year. The final agreed upon salary may vary based on factors such as job-related knowledge, skills and experience. Additionally, this position may be eligible for bonus.
We are always looking for top talent - if your qualifications differ from those listed above, the scope of work and final agreed upon salary may be adjusted to reflect your individual qualifications.
Aritzia's Everyday Luxury compensation package goes beyond the base salary with endless growth and recognition opportunities through our pay-for-performance philosophy. Along with comprehensive benefits, aspirational workspaces and elevated employee perks and experiences - we provide it all.THE PERKS
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- Aspirational Workplace - Our offices are specially designed to be spaces of creativity, productivity and inspiration. They're also dog friendly. Woof.
- Product Discount - Maybe you've heard of our famous product discount? Or our exclusive private shopping events? You have now.
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Everyday Luxury dining, exclusive to Aritzia. Our in-house café and bistro is like a private restaurant, only you also get complimentary coffee, ice cream and a weekly Happy Hour. Cheers.
- The SET - Our in-office fitness studio and gym with state-of-the-art equipment, custom-created classes and optional personal training. Open 7 days a week, works out well.
- Employee Assistance Program - Because your health, happiness and safety matter - 24/7 support, resources, and information available to you and your family.
- Amenities - Additional amenities include a private parent's room, shower facilities with elevated complementary conveniences, bike rooms, and more.
- The Extras - We also offer a multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos and on-site medical care.
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.