The mission of the Platform Service Sub-Department is to provide a powerful, modern and scalable technology foundation that supports and enables business solutions.
As a member of the Platform Services Sub-Department, you will be part of the team responsible for preparing and maintaining reliable cloud, hybrid and on-premises infrastructure. As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the implementation and migration of on-premise infrastructure to cloud services and platforms. This role unlocks many possibilities for innovation and industry leading designs that will further enable the growth, reliability, and performance of our IT infrastructure. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless " from a rewarding career in Information Technology to continued growth and development with Aritzia.
As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will:
- Partner with stakeholders and vendors to analyze, design, build and operate infrastructure platforms to support the delivery of applications and solutions.
- Prepare and maintain reliable cloud, hybrid, and on-premises infrastructure, including the execution of system upgrades and enhancements
- Provide the foundational platforms that enable the Technology team to deliver solutions, including developer tools, reliability engineering, automation/orchestration, and observability and monitoring.
- Provide exceptional level 2 and 3 solution support for the IT team
The Senior Systems Engineer has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Values, Business and People Leadership principles
- An enthusiastic approach to taking on new opportunities and challenges
- A commitment to navigating our internal operations to achieve the best team and business results
- The ability to collaborate fluently with cross-functional partners.
- The skills to set clear objectives with an emphasis on accountability while striving to reach your highest potential
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in:
- Physical/ Virtual Server design and administration (e.g. VMware, Microsoft)
- Cloud platform design and administration (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365)
- Storage design and administration (e.g. NetApp, Pure Storage)
- Systems Management and Monitoring
- Backup and Recovery
- The appetite to continuously learn and develop oneself
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value to the business
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize important work
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.