Information Security Coordinator
Job ID GROP159 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
The Information Security team is tasked with ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Global Relay services and customer data. They ensure our systems and services can be entrusted with highly sensitive data belonging the world's largest financial firms, which have some of the most demanding security requirements of any industry.
The Information Security Coordinator is responsible for managing Global Relay's Information Security Management System (ISMS). While this position is part of the Security team, the successful candidate will work with other teams such as Operations/DevOps, Development, and Business Development to strengthen our ISMS, including coordinating our annual ISO 27001 and SOC 2 audits.Role Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary information security resource for the maintenance of Global Relay's ISMS and related ISO 27001 and SOC 2 programs
- Support Information Security, Operations/DevOps, and Business Management on risk issues related to information security
- Participate in actions to maintain and improve risk management and compliance programs
- Monitor information security compliance trends and keep Information Security team leadership informed about information security related matters
- Document compliance with policies, customer contracts, and applicable laws related to information security
- Collaborate with Security, Operations/DevOps, and Business Management to identify and manage information security priorities
- Assist in the development of security recommendations and manage security project implementations
- Provide ongoing support of the Global Relay employee security awareness program
- Participate in business continuity activities, including business impact analyses, business continuity exercises, pandemic planning, and disaster recovery tests
- Ensure quality control and reporting for the ISMS
- Completion of post-secondary education; a concentration in Information Security is an asset
- Previous work experience in the technology industry or in area operational security
- Good understanding of security in a SaaS computing environment
- Application development or application security background with knowledge of system development lifecycle processes from design, testing, and deployment to post-production and the various risk elements associated with each step
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, Windows, Active Directory, TCP/IP networking, firewalls, and data center infrastructure
- Knowledge of security processes, including risk assessment, policy development, compliance program management, audits, security incident response, security awareness training, and business continuity exercises
- Knowledge of security tools, including intrusion detection and prevention (IDP) tools, vulnerability scanning tools, enterprise-class SIEM software, penetration testing tools, and malware detection and mitigation tools
- Ability to research and maintain proficiency in software, tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in information security, network vulnerabilities, and encryption
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.