Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Information Security Analyst to join our Information Management & Information Technology team at our office at Reids Corner in Kelowna, B.C.About the Role:
The Information Security Analyst plays a key role in assisting Interior Health (IH) departments and staff with security compliance. The Security Analyst provides initial intake, assessment, and prioritization of requests for IMIT Information Security Services and/or events requiring incident response prioritizing based on risk and urgency, ensuring that work activities are logged and tracked and that higher priority events are appropriately escalated. The Security Analyst helps coordinate investigations for security-related incidents and policy violations as well as participates as a key member of an integrated breach response team. The Security Analyst deals with sensitive and critical situations and provides training and education on IH's security procedures, policies, and standards at all levels of the organization. Some Key Duties may include:
• Conducts information security investigations and performs breach management activities utilizing approved processes and techniques to conduct electronic audits, review security logs, and gather forensic evidence.
• Analyzes complex information through acute problem-solving to manage and investigate security incidents; develops reports, action plans, and response communications on mitigation strategies.
• Monitors and maintains security tracking tools and associated databases and prepares reports and presentations on metrics and risk trends.
• Participates in security, vulnerability, and risk assessments related to the information security features of the systems, networks, and related administrative activities; recommends mitigation strategies where necessary.
• Monitors and interprets security alerts generated by security monitoring systems to ensure appropriate and timely response to security-related incidents.
• In collaboration with other Information Privacy and Security personnel, promotes security best practices by developing and assisting in the delivery of corporate-wide security education and training materials to staff, physicians, clinicians, management, and external customers.
• Provides day-to-day guidance and direction both verbally and in writing to internal staff, physicians, clinicians, and management on information security policy, standards, and best practices.
• Assists in the support of provincial eHealth programs and initiatives that require privacy and security compliance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team! Qualifications
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized degree program in Computer Science, plus five (5) years of recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Preferred completion of the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other recognized information security certification.
• Comprehensive knowledge of information security principles, standards, best practices, and industry trends.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with professionalism, tact, confidentiality, and discretion.
• Working knowledge of core security technologies including firewalls, anti-viruses, intrusion prevention, encryption, and web content filtering.
• Investigative and analytical skills to research, analyze, and interpret data and information from a variety of disparate sources.
• Excellent time management skills to prioritize, complete assignments, and schedule activities.
• Advanced proficiency in business applications, Microsoft Office Suite, databases, internet/intranet, and report writing.
• Ability to set priorities and work unsupervised in a complex environment.
• Ability to drive a vehicle and must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver's license.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT How to Apply http://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/
Management and Executive