Teck's Project Development Group (PDG) provides leadership, guidance, expertise, and support to deliver projects at Teck. We partner with our Business Unit Owners to deliver Teck's major projects, carrying a project portfolio of studies, water program projects, capital infrastructure, and large development projects.
The Information Management Specialist for systems and tools is a part of the Information and Document Management (IDM) function of PDG. Reporting to the Lead, IDM, this role is responsible for supporting the new PDG EDMS solution rollout, managing system set-up and configurations, and supporting IDM functional improvements.
You are service-minded and passionate about applying your EDMS expertise to support effective implementation of the system and end-user experience. You are able to apply principles and theory associated with the EDMS without assistance on a broader organizational context.
You assist in the development of reference and resource materials associated with the EDMS and consistently provide practical and relevant ideas and perspectives for improvement. You are capable of coaching others in the application of the EDMS - translating nuances into easy to understand terms.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, who has strong critical thinking capabilities, experience working across a broad range of project disciplines, and coordinating with internal and external project parties.
This position is based in Vancouver, BC, and travel to and from project sites may be required on an ad-hoc basis. Responsibilities
IDM Functional and Project Support:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate in the continual improvement of document management processes within the overall IDM function
- Act as a contributing member of the IDM functional Team, collaborating with other Project Information Assistants / Document Controllers
- Train users (internal and external) on IDM tools and procedures and provide end-user support as required
- Manage and execute regular quality checks / audits on project information and application of IDM standards and procedures
- Lead new Aconex EDMS roll-out and initial system configurations and setup
- Assist with change and transformation, i.e., communication plan for new systems and processes to support implementation
- Provide dedicated end-user support during roll-out and participate in communications and socialization of Aconex across PDG
- Maintain overall responsibility of IM systems and tools including EDMS-related inquiries/issues
- Champion transition from document to data-centric capital project execution model and understand associated complexities
- Responsible for EDMS configuration i.e. create new projects, maintain and update existing projects' configuration
- Maintain and update the EDMS configuration manual
- Maintain the EDMS test environment and use it for end-user training and process testing for improvements
- Collaborate with other functions to integrate project systems with business enterprise systems in operations and maintenance
- Implement document and metadata requirements for tracking, reporting and handover for all project systems
- Role-based user management including creating users, user groups and permissions
- Manage system workflows
- Monitor performance of existing information and document systems and recommend improvements
- Configure and develop specific system, regular and ad-hoc reports
- Populate/predefine project-specific distribution matrices
- Configure/brand project communication templates
- Coordinate data migrations and system upgrades off-hours to minimize system impact
- Contribute and provide input of EDMS requirements to the RFPs documentation
- Provide required inputs for projects IM plans in relation to EDMS configurations and communication protocols
- Collaborate with service providers focal points to support appropriate application and integration with their IDM processes
- Provide EDMS training to all PDG users and external service providers as needed (one-on-one and classroom environment)
- Develop, maintain and update EDMS training materials and both admin and end-users manual
- Collaborate with PDG projects and service providers to mature the EDMS, leading many of the efforts independently
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- 7-10 years of experience supporting a similar IM leadership role
- Must have experience in administrating EDMS, specifically Aconex
- Having experience in SDx, or Smart Plant Foundation (SPF) is an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of data-centric engineering design tools, materials management, project services (cost and schedule), construction and Information Management software
- Strong skills and experience in Information Management and Document Control are essential
- Strong communication skills, confidence interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic forms
- Excellent organizational, training and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Independent, self-motivated, able to take the initiative to liaise with other departments and/or external sources
- Understand best practices such as CFIHOS and IM standards such as ISO 15926
- A great team player who knows when to ask for help and being there to help others when needed
- Process-driven and able to identify methods to improve overall efficiency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the mining and, or construction industry would be considered highly valuable
- Similar experience working in an Owner's role highly valuable
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF
- Strong attention to detail
- Travel up to 20% to project sites
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes list of the World's Best Employers for the past two years and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People .
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Testing, Document Management, Document Control, Mining, Technology, Administrative
Construction, Mining and Trades