Are you an experienced Project Manager? Do you have experience working in healthcare with healthcare information and management systems? Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Project Manager, Information Management and Information Technology to join our team in Kelowna!
The Project Manager works under the project charter as established by the Director, IMIT Services and leads the development and implementation of large corporate-wide and provincial clinical and business electronic systems. The Project Manager is responsible to maintain a continuous cycle of project planning, execution, and monitoring within IH project management standards. The Project Manager oversees assigned project resources, develops project plans, and ensures the delivery and acceptance of project end products for sign-off by the business areas.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops essential project documents (charters, schedules, end product specifications, etc.) with or on behalf of the project sponsor.
2. Develops a comprehensive project plan with input from user groups and service providers (including risk management, business continuity, and interdependencies).
3. Directs all activities related to the project. Guides and mentors team members.
4. Prepares and manages project operational and capital budgets.
5. Develops and fosters relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., IH leadership groups, other Health Authorities, provincial stakeholders, and suppliers) to address issues related to the project.
6. Responsible for project staffing functions including daily assignments, recruitment, hiring, ongoing development, performance management, and performance evaluation including disciplinary action and termination as required.
7. Develops, implements, and monitors standards for service and performance; evaluates and effects changes as needed to improve services, simplify work flow, and assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
8. Works with software vendors and other external service providers to negotiate contract terms and pricing and resolve complex and/or tentative service issues.
9. Manages the process of change in all project affected areas across IH.
10. Maintains and continually improves project management best practice and standards for IH.
11. Acts in a consultative capacity to provide expert advice to other project managers.
12. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. Besides to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience
â€¢ A Bachelorâ€™s degree in Health Information Systems, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education.
â€¢ A minimum of five to seven years of experience in the project management of complex, multi-site, multi-disciplined information systems, including responsibility for staff development and supervision. Experience within a large and diverse healthcare organization is an asset.
â€¢ Professional Project Manager (PMP) designation or equivalent. How to Apply
Apply through Interior Health Careers website: http://careers.roomtogrowbc.com/ViewPosting.aspx?id=1378814&f=0-0-0-1378814-0-0
Customer Service and Support