Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. We are looking for talented people to be part of our team. OurWestpine Division in Quesnelhas an opportunity for an:Industrial Mechanic(Millwright)
TheIndustrial Mechanicwill be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- Maintenance of pumps, compressors, mechanical systems, and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- New equipment fabrication and installation
- Training and development of new technicians
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Ability to work closely with other trades, employees, and contractors
- Verify and document repairs made
Considered a strong asset:
- A Red Seal Certificate
- Is a highly motivated journeyman who has demonstrated an ability to apply trade skills and knowledge safely and effectively
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess basic understanding in line up of pumps, sheaves, sprockets and machine centers
- Ability to work safely and independently with little supervision
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and reference check
- Previous experience working in a pulp or process based plant
- A welding certificate
- Experience with computers and CMMS systems
- Forklift and aerial lift platform experience
- Note This position is full time on a rotating 4/5 schedule including nights and weekends
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia, offering affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs
click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobsWe thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.