West Fraser is a leading North American forest products company. Our Quesnel Plywood Division has an opportunity for an:INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC (MILLWRIGHT)
As a member of the maintenance team this individual will perform daily troubleshooting, predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operations of equipment
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Verify and document completed repairs
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright Certification
- Ability to read blueprints, plans and schematics
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Trouble shooting in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule to workday, evening, weekend and graveyard shifts
- Welding and fabrication experience would be a strong asset.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.About West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE, and recognized for the eighth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca
Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in productivity.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians