West Fraser is a leading North American forest products company. Listed on the TSX and recognized for theeighth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.Our Quesnel Plywood Division has an opportunity for an:INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC (MILLWRIGHT)
As a member of the maintenance team this individual will perform daily troubleshooting, predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for:
Our ideal candidate must possess:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operations of equipment
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Verify and document completed repairs
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright Certification
- Ability to read blueprints, plans and schematics
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Trouble shooting in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule to workday, evening, weekend and graveyard shifts
- Welding and fabrication experience would be a strong asset.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply atwww.westfraser.com/jobs
and click on the green "apply now" at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at:www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maintenance and Technicians