Closing Date: August 31, 2022
Teck is currently accepting applications for the position of Industrial Mechanic (Millwright). Teck recruits proactively to build a talent pool for current and/or future opportunities.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, Industrial Mechanics are responsible for inspecting, repairing, and maintaining the processing plant's stationary equipment. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental
- rules and procedures
- Maintain and service the processing plant's stationary equipment including, pumps,
- gearboxes, chain-drive, conveyors, belts, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Install, inspect and repair of mechanical and hydraulic components
- In certain components of this role it is mandatory to wear a respirator which requires an interference free seal
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson's Industrial Mechanic
- (Millwright) Certification
- Valid driver's license
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Previous mining experience is an asset
We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, whereyear roundrecreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our tradespeople work an attractive 4 days on 4 days off shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/ life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada's largest diversified resource company and we think you'll find what you're looking for.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
#LI-KS1 Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Mechanic, Hydraulics, Mining, Operations, Engineering
Construction, Mining and Trades