In-Hospital Replenishment Lower Mainland Supervisor Analyst
BC Clinical & Support Services
Maple Ridge, BC
The Supervisor/Analyst, Supply Chain Operations supervises and coordinates the operation of site STAT stores, inventory control, receiving, shipping, distribution, linen, fleet, laundry and mail services. Responsibilities include the development, implementation and maintenance of inventory control systems and generating data relating to inventory usage and levels. Develops, implements and maintains systems to control and provide information regarding inventory content and levels. Completes purchase requisitions for clinical personnel and liaises with Branch Procurement to confirm product approval and availability as required. Physically receives and distributes goods and follows up with vendors to expedite orders as needed. Reviews and reports on inventory activities such as discrepancies or user department's inventory requirements, processes individual purchase requests and meets with user department and determines source of supply.What you'll do
What you bring
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of the designated areas by performing duties such as determining the priorities and requirements of user departments, resolving day-to-day issues, making scheduling changes, and updating operating procedures.
- Supervises designated staff by performing duties such as scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance, and determining related training and orientation requirements.
- Prepares and distributes staff work schedules, ensuring the most efficient use of staffing resources. Responsible for the submission of payroll data for designated staff in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, provides input regarding budget items and expenditures for assigned area, oversees and updates standards and procedures.
- Problem solves a variety of inventory, invoicing and other warehouse/distribution issues such as inventory level changes, special delivery arrangements, damaged goods, short shipments and issues with systems and services through communication with users and other departments such as Finance, Purchasing, and Business Applications.
- Provides input to the Manager regarding the planning and implementation of new stores systems and services.
- Communicates with end user areas by obtaining necessary information on requisitions, prices and problem orders. Requests vendors to expedite orders, identifies department requirements, communicates purchase process to department and advises of procedures to return goods to vendor.
- Follows up on purchase orders by monitoring delivery dates from computer reports, contacting Branch Procurement for status on delayed or problem shipments. Creates and maintains computerized databases utilizing word Excel spreadsheets & Word documents for items such as operating stats, item usages and supply inventory purchase requisitions.
- Controls inventory content and levels of a variety of materials and supplies by reviewing reports such as stock usage and stock status reports, conferring with user departments regarding requirements, determining items no longer in demand and establishing ands/or revising optimum reorder points and quantities.
- Reviews non-inventory purchases and recommends addition of items to inventory.
- Establishes and maintains stock control systems and procedures by conferring with a variety of sources such as data processing and user departments, designing/revising a variety of forms such as requisition, purchase order and electronic forms and establishing security measures such as counter-signatures; establishes and maintains an inventory catalogue system by preparing descriptions of items, assigning stock numbers, removing obsolete and adding new items.
- Communicates with end users on product recall items as required. Coordinates activities with the ASA's such as quarantine & retrieve affected products from units and Stat Stores and return to Warehouse or Vendor as required.
- Monitors staff handling of dangerous goods, warehouse operating equipment and electrical items and ensures compliance by providing safety and security procedures training to staff and conducting regular staff meetings to discuss issues related to quality assurance, performance standards and WHMIS regulations.
- Maintains a variety of work and service activity records and generates related statistics and quality assurance reports pertaining to activities such as equipment preventative maintenance, material safety, vendor and carrier performance, transportation of dangerous goods, postage charges, laundry charges and shipping and receiving.
- Plans and coordinates physical inventory checks and cycle counts as required, and compares actual to recorded inventory levels. Investigates discrepancies and refers problems to manager. Develops and implements standards and checklists, monitors compliance to standards and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Organizes and prioritizes requisitions from several sites and departments, maintaining related records by completing paperwork and keying data for recording inventory supply levels, requisitions and pick lists, including data entry into a computerized system.
- Conducts follow up activities related to late shipments, the resolution of shipping and receiving problems, and the filling and handling of damage claims. Processes the return of goods that do not meet specifications.
- Sets up new Inventory PAR locations, monitors inventory usage and establishes appropriate inventory levels for user departments to minimize stock outs and excess inventory for materials such as medical/surgical supplies, linen and forms and stationary by running reports, analyzing inventory data and investigating variances. Investigates linen quality issues and works with the vendors to establish countermeasures.
- Develops and implements checklists and tracking systems to coordinate regular preventative equipment and vehicle maintenance. Generates work orders and ensures repair and replacement of work equipment in line with operating standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12, plus three (3) years' recent, related experience including one (1) year in a supervisory and Inventory Analyst capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Knowledge
What we bring
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both vernally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
$28.30 / Hour
11666 Laity St, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 5A3
Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work:
0700-1500 (Saturday, Sunday and Stats)
146042EAs per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments' unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey-one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 30, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.