Title: In Home Caregiver for a Child
Terms of Employment: This is a permanent, full-time in-home caregiving for a 7 year old child.
Salary: $11.25 per hour for 40 hours per week
Location: Richmond, B.C.
Position Available: 1
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Employment: minimum 2 years
Work Setting: Private home
Education: Equivalent College and registered apprenticeship certificate program
Experience: At least 2 year relevant experience, experience is an asset.
Benefits are: Vacation of 2 weeks paid vacation a year; Health Insurance that will receive a basic health insurance until the worker is covered by the provincial/territorial medical services plan.
Language preferred to speak/read/write in English. Knowledge in Tagalog is an asset.
Knowledgeable in child care and emergency preparedness (First Aid CPR/C certificate)
Ability to cook Asian and Canadian foods
Energetic and Outgoing
Driving skills is a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Prepare, cook and serve nutritious snacks and meals for the child. Follow Canada’s food guide.
-Must be willing to bring the freshly prepared/cooked meal for lunch at the child’s school.
-Guide the child to learn her daily chores (like personal hygiene, makeup her bed, tidy-up toys & school materials) in learning to be independent as she grows up.
- Accompany in her daily routines (to/from school, social/church activities, medical, sports, etc.).
-Participate in outdoor or indoor setup, arts & crafts, assistive learning materials (books, educational TV shows, app programs), and play time to help the child to be imaginative and creative.
- Awareness and support for child’s emotional, academic and social development.
- Supervise and care for the child in the absence of the parents.
- Willingness to travel with the family on holiday trips.
- Provide a safe, fun, and healthy, environment with the child at home.
- Protect the child’s safety and privacy at all times.
- Preferred flexible schedule.
- Perform first-aid treatment in case of emergency need.
- Perform light household (grocery, supplies, medicine shopping) and cleaning duties (tidy up closets, clean toys, iron child’s clothes and laundry).
Requirements: Education, Skills, References, medical clearance, and criminal record check.
Other: Position is open for local residents, youth, or new immigrants.