is seeking a motivated intermediate level Hydrogeologist
with minimum five years of consulting experience who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM's services, to join our consulting firm in Vancouver or Smithers, BC or Calgary, AB
. In this role you will work closely with Project Managers in support of a growing list of projects in Canada
and abroad. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental projects for large mining, industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national experts provides knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.RESPONSIBILITIES:
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND PREMIUM SKILLS:
- Preparing and executing hydrogeology field programs.
- Developing cost estimates for the hydrogeology field programs (baseline site characterization, ongoing monitoring and other programs).
- Coordinating with drilling, laboratory and other types of contractors and equipment suppliers, while mobilizing for field programs.
- Supervising drilling operations, including diamond drilling, other types of drilling, packer testing.
- Assisting with and supervising downhole geophysical logging/testing.
- Designing and execution of pump/aquifer tests.
- Supervising installation of vibrating wire piezometers.
- Supervising installation of monitoring wells.
- Developing and sampling monitoring wells with the use of a range of sampling and other supporting equipment.
- Performing slug tests and pump tests.
- Installing and operating transducers and data loggers.
- Processing the collected data (groundwater levels and other types of data, developing hydrographs).
- Conducting analysis of the collected packer test-, slug test-, and pump/aquifer test data using standard software (like Aqtesolv).
- Processing the chemical laboratory reports, including calculating relative percent difference, charge balance error, preparing box and whisker charts, Piper diagrams, developing report tables, including statistical summaries.
- Developing hydrogeology reports; and
- Assisting with developing proposals.
- Designing hydrogeology field characterization and monitoring programs.
- Designing monitoring wells, hydraulic test programs.
- Designing and operating Westbay systems.
- Developing (or assisting in developing) numerical groundwater models.
- Designing site investigation programs and remedial action plans for contaminated sites; and
- Avalanche safety certification and backcountry experience is an asset.
Who We Are:
- 5+ years of hydrogeology consulting experience with directly related to environmental permitting for mining projects.
- BASc/MASc/MSc in civil or environmental engineering, earth sciences, or equivalent related field; and
- PEng/PGeo registration in Canadian jurisdiction(s) or eligible for such registration.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant - team player, eagerness to learn and grow, a self-starter who takes initiative.
- French or Spanish language skills an asset.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!