Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca What we offer:
• A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
• Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
• Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
• Defined benefit pension program
• Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
• Seasonal events and socials
• A robust awards/recognition program
• Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
BC Pension Corporation is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID-19 while supporting our culture of community and connection in our hybrid workplace. We have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees, as a condition of their employment, to confidentially self-disclose to the Corporation that they are fully vaccinated (two COVID-19 vaccinations). Details about the COVID-19 verification process will be provided at the time of offer.Hybrid Work Model
This position is located in our Victoria, BC office. You will have the opportunity to work part of the time on-campus and part of the time off-campus. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and vary according to the unique needs of each business area. The opportunity
We are seeking a Hybrid Network Engineer to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As a Hybrid Network Engineer, you will work as infrastructure leader for BC Pensions Corporation's hybrid environment (on-premise and cloud). You will be responsible for building, operating, maintaining, and improving our computer networks. You will work closely with both end users and other cross functional support teams to identify and resolve network related issues that impact business operations. With a passion for continuous improvement and collaboration, you will play a key role in modernizing our systems and technology.
This role requires excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, balance business needs versus technical constraints and provide escalation when needed. Additionally, the engineer proactively identifies emerging technologies and solutions that can be used to improve the network systems both on prem and in Azure cloud. What do you need to succeed?Must have
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of five years of network operations experience in a large enterprise.
• A minimum of three years of experience in working within operational and project cross functional teams of staff, contractors, and external service providers.
• A minimum of two years of experience in designing computer networks and infrastructure systems in a large enterprise.
• Experience installing, maintaining, securing, and monitoring computer network systems.
• Experience resolving network and infrastructure incidents and problems in a complex infrastructure environment. Nice to have
• Certification in Azure Network Engineer Associate AZ-700. Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level