The Langley School District invites applications for a full time HVAC Mechanic. This is a permanent 40 hour/week position starting immediately. Duties are to install, maintain and repair HVAC equipment and their control systems.
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Apprenticeship and/or Trades Qualification Certificate in one or more of the following disciplines: HVAC Technician, Electrician, Refrigeration or Class “A” or “B” Industrial Gas Fitter Certificate.
- A minimum of one year's related experience in an industrial/commercial setting including PLC and/or DDC controls.
- B.C. Driver's Licence.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work sketches.
- Ability to perform a variety of skilled tasks in the installation and maintenance of HVAC systems and equipment.
- Ability to read, write and edit programming language.
- Thorough and current knowledge of the standards, practices, methods, tools and equipment of the trade.
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy and tact in the explanation and exchange of information.
- Ability to determine, judge and select appropriate course of action within limits of established methods and procedures.
- Advanced, proven knowledge of computers and programming language.
- Physical ability to perform the required duties.
Rate of Pay: $31.93 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits plan
Qualified individuals must submit a complete application through the Make a Future job board at http://bit.ly/2Jlu8CD
Note that applicants must open an account and apply to the appropriate posting.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Resumé including names and email addresses for at least 3 references (current or former supervisors)
- High school diploma or transcript confirming Grade 12 graduation
- Trades Qualification Certificate(s)
- BC driver’s licence
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Construction, Mining and Trades