Job Description Summary
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for a wide variety of activities to support STEMCELL's global organization and Human Resources Operations team.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Using established templates, draft a variety of employee letters such as employee changes, confirmation of employment, departure and leave of absences.
- Ensure accuracy of employment agreements and offer letters by employee type.
- Review new hire documents for accuracy and follow-up with employees as needed to ensure that HR and payroll deadlines are met.
- Facilitate on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Support recruitment activities by posting jobs on a variety of job boards.
- Assist withHRISdataentry and report preparation.
- Benefits administration including enrolling, removing and changing employee's benefits status on a variety of benefit websites.
- Monitor and respond to employee and candidate inquiries via a shared email inbox.
- Contribute to process & policy improvement.
- Document HR processes, prepare training documents & support HR systems testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in relevant field, either business/commerce or science/arts or a post degree HR diploma
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- General knowledge of human resources
- Intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills (G-Suite experience preferred)
- Comfortable working independently and with a team
- Excellent judgment and discretion
- Highly efficient administrator and coordinator, with a customer service approach
- Strong organization skills and process orientation
- Keen attention to detail and obsession with accuracy, while at the same time, ability to keep big picture in mind
- Clear, concise communicator, both orally and in writing
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!