This is your opportunity to play a key role in this high-profile Transmountain Expansion Project based in the lower mainland. This opportunity will give you the chance to work on a career defining, long-term project. The HR Coordinator is a site-based role and will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and facilitation of employee onboarding and other project site administration initiatives, for both salaried and unionized hourly employees. Reporting to the Site Segment Manager and receiving oversight from the Project HR Manager, this role will also work collaboratively with site personnel and project team to ensure alignment and proper facilitation occurs between the Project Site, its employees, and project operations group.
This position is located at the Burnaby Terminal and the work schedule is Monday - Friday, 7am - 5pm.
Join our True Blue team today!
- Coordinates with the onsite management team to facilitate onboarding of employees to site.
- Support site operations team with employment related claims acting as an initial point of reporting for employees and managers and through to the resolution process in some situations.
- Reports any salaried employee related claims to the HR team and assists that team with a number of human resource issues including employee relations, conflict resolution, performance and compensation management, harassment investigations, reductions in force, and HR policies and programs.
- Serves as the point of contact for employee information, employee requests and updates.
- Interface with the labour relations team regarding matters affecting the unionized workforce, including supporting disciplinary/grievance related issue sand employee investigations
- Works to ensure the appropriate administration of the collective agreement/project pre-job for unionized hourly employees.
- Assists with the coordination of, and participates in, Labour Management Meetings with Union, Site Mgt, Stewards and project labour relations team
- Assists in managing the progressive discipline tracker for unionized employees
- Assists finance with the resolution of any unionized payroll related issues
- Facilitates attaining site access for Union Reps and others as requested.
- Acts as on-site contact for routine union related dealings and supports the onsite team and HR with the collection and close-out of HR/IR matters.
- Provides guidance to salaried employees on HR related issues
- Supports the onsite team with accommodation management items including reservations and concerns.
Additional Information: Company Description
- A minimum of three years of experience in an administrative or coordination role with exposure to human resources and / or unionized workforces.
- Completion of post-secondary coursework in human resources
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service focus and team player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Aug 26, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada