Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies to commissioning and operational support.
Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on the complementarity of talents on our teams and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2
Our offices in Western Canada, currently at 65 employees, are growing and need your expertise. Reporting to the Department Manager, Human Resources, the incumbent will be based in Vancouver and will be responsible for applying Human Resource processes and programs developed at head office in the Greater Montréal area for clientele in Western Canada (Vancouver and Calgary). To do this, the incumbent will be supported by colleagues from head office, where he or she will be required to travel regularly to first familiarize him or herself with current practices and then to collaborate on HR projects.
The incumbent will also serve as HR expert and talent acquisition advisor for clientele at our Western Canadian offices, which will contribute significantly to the fulfillment of client business plans. He/she will provide practical, strategic support to share his/her expertise in recruiting, management, organizational development, employee relations, total compensation, performance management, and the creation and implementation of HR initiatives and programs by working closely with other HR professionals with positions as HR Business Partners, in talent acquisition and other specialized areas. In joining our team, you will take charge and successfully complete numerous recruiting mandates.
You will be responsible for coordinating all staffing approval steps, from personnel requests to the hiring proposal. When you start your employment, you will be asked to travel to head office for two weeks to round out your knowledge of our HR processes and to become responsible for applying them at our Western offices.
- Understands the goals and business challenges of assigned clients (disciplines) in order to play a key role in fulfilling business plans; helps identify strategic HR initiatives to support client strategic plans;
- Is responsible for translating the business challenges of assigned disciplines into concrete, measurable HR interventions; helps develop a structured process and implement activities for talent attraction, retention, engagement and development as well as succession planning;
- Works on assigned HR projects affecting the entire firm;
- Supports and promotes HR programs and processes in the areas of HR management and best business practices for the firm and is responsible for implementing a range of initiatives in assigned disciplines in collaboration with managers;
- Trains, coaches and advises clients in areas such as HR challenges and best practices, employee relations, succession planning, engagement, integration, retention, compensation and mobility;
- Supports managers to manage individuals and fosters development of personnel management skills;
- Takes action to solve complex problems and suggests proactive approaches as well as potential solutions to management issues in assigned disciplines;
- Takes charge of the entire recruiting process, from job posting to the hiring proposal; supports managers with personnel requests
- Analyzes manager requirements
- Develops traditional and innovative research strategies
- Screens candidates
- Coordinates and performs behavioral and technical interviews
- Coordinates pre-employment assessments, including psychometric testing required for certain positions
- Advises and supports managers when job offers are being prepared
- Presents job offers to candidates.
Work Schedule : 37.5
- Demonstrates adaptability and organizational agility
- Maintains positive peer relationships
- Skilled at dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ethical and value-conscious
- Business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial relations, HR management or business administration (with a specialization in HR management) and designation as certified human resources professional (CHRP);
- 10 to 15 years of experience as a general HR advisor or HR Business Partner, with a strong recruiting component;
- Knowledge of work-related legislation;
- Recruiting experience, including at least one year in the professional services field;
- Intermediate computer skills, particularly with MS Office;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing;
- Available to travel regularly to head office in Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Québec
- - 1 one-week trip per month in the first six months
- - 1 one-week trip every 6 to 8 weeks as of the seventh month of seniority
- Ability to establish a quality-oriented partnership and work as a team member;
- Experience designing, developing and implementing HR business solutions for a wide range of clients and ability to achieve business goals by proposing novel approaches, policies and procedures to foster continuous improvement and HR development;
- Solution-oriented attitude, readiness to evolve in a dynamic matrix environment that requires conclusive results
- Ability to adopt a client-based approach and to tactfully manage sensitive situations
- Highly organized, structured and autonomous approach with a proven ability to work in a matrix organization;
- Ability to work and thrive in an international and multicultural work environment;
- Asset: Expertise for attracting talent in the consulting engineering sector
- Asset: Understand French.
Posted: September 22, 2016
Closes:November 21, 2016