Help us create an exceptional workplace characterized by positive relationships with our employees.
Are you an innovative, energetic HR expert keen to lead strategic change? We are seeking a solution-focused influencer to join our team who can:
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be the trusted advisor and a strategic partner to client groups;
- Foster a proactive, problem-solving approach to employee / labour relations; and
- Help client groups design and implement work processes to achieve business outcomes.
- Consult on issues including labour relations (including collective agreement and policy interpretation), staff training and development, organizational development, recruitment and selection.
- Represent the organization at labour management meetings, negotiate resolutions both locally and provincially to labour relations issues independently and/or in conjunction with centralized HR partners.
- Work with the HR team to ensure consistent application of relevant policies, collective agreements and terms and conditions of employment.
- Use creativity and independent judgment to make decisions while remaining connected to organizational and PHSA goals.
- Guide others to make sound decisions and to resolve outstanding issues.
- Education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources plus seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressively more senior experience in a unionized setting and in dealing with conflict resolution.
- Working knowledge of standard human resource policies and practices and related employment legislation.
You are an unparalleled problem-solver and are always curious and learning. You have demonstrated abilities in:Communication
- You are a fluent communicator and easily create presentations, correspondence, reports, minutes and summaries.
- You are an active listener who can collaboratively negotiate and influence.
- You instinctually know when to use diplomacy or assertiveness to achieve objectives.
- You understand the balance of confidentiality and disclosure needed, as well as the requirements of collective agreements.
What's in it for you:
- You build positive relationships and work in partnership.
- You mentor and engage others to ensure success.
- You work effectively in a team and independently.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Open until position is filled
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Patients first - Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
Labor Agreement Excluded Requisition # 088860E-2333325 Work Site Job Type Regular, Full-Time FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 0830-1630 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 13-Mar-2020