Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for delivering a consistently high standard Human Resources services while providing information to those who contact the HR Department on general information requests.
The Human Resources Assistant will be the welcoming face for new hires, and assist with the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources activities. In this role, you will be involved in preparing new hires for on-boarding, records management, and other Human Resources related department functions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- New Hire On-boarding
- Collects required new hire documents from candidates
- Provides support (create orientation packages, benefit packages) required for the orientation process
- Organizes new hire employee folder in preparation for HR/Payroll system entry
- Communicates / sendscalendar notice to managers about New Hire Orientation (NHO), Day 1 & Day 2 agenda
- Communicates directly with new hires to schedule orientation and provides instructions for Day 1
- Completes logistical requirements for Day 1 (ex. room booking, calendar invitation to stakeholder speakers, and associated activities)
- Welcomes new hires on Day 1 and supports orientation activities
- Ensures completion of new hire forms and training / acknowledgementforms
- Prepares and communicates New Hire Announcements
- Firstpoint of contact regarding employee general questions
- Supports department routine data quality monitoring, reporting, and audit preparations
- Assists in projects (i.e. company meetings, trainings, HR materialscreation / preparation, other HR events)
- Drafts routine correspondence, prepares employment verification letters, and other Human Resources documents as requested
- Generates awards letters for employees, sends out letters and recognition pins.
- Creates employee and position file and maintains its completeness and organization
- Maintains employee training records and other HR filing records
- Provides support for HRIS/benefits system data processing (as needed)
- Maintains and orders HR office supplies, and coordinates courier requests for the department
- Prepares exit packages for departing employees. Creates exit package email; schedules exit interviews as applicable; send (and track) clearance notifications to applicable departments
- Receives and distributes incoming Human Resources department mail
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in Human Resources or Business Administration. Undergraduate Degree in a related field would be an asset.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Human Resources
- Experience in using HR Information Systems (HRIS) and proficiency in Microsoft software applications
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Demonstrable ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to independently problem solve and take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form on sensitive issues in a busy environment
- Gain new knowledge of applicable legislation in newjurisdiction ascompanyexpands
Candidates may apply in confidence quoting Job-2646 and should submit a Word version of your cover letter and resume detailing education and previous experience.
We thank all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. StaffQuest Placement Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: July 6, 2018
Closes: September 4, 2018