Closing Date: December 15, 2022
Are you looking for the next step in your human resources career? At Teck, Canada's largest diversified mining company, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally while being supported by passionate leadership.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Operational HR, the Human Resources Advisor is responsible for providing a broad range of human resource services to all departments on site. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in front line employee/labour relations, workplace investigations, and various HR generalist activities.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support and assist operational departments as an integral part of the HR Team in the rollout and administration of all HR programs
- Investigate employee relations issues including employee matters and performance concerns while maintaining confidentiality, consistency and sensitivity
- Coach, counsel, and guide managers before the execution of employee disciplinary actions
- Coordinate recruitment and apprenticeship training programs as required by the site
- Assist in the administration of human resources policies and procedures to ensure compliance with employment law
- Perform other responsibilities as they arise
- University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent
- Minimum five years related human resources experience
- Previous experience as direct front-line labour relations would be considered an asset
- Experience in or working knowledge of applicable employment and benefit laws and legislation
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Professional HR designation such as CPHR (currently held or in progress) considered an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
All applicants are requested to attach their cover letter and resume as one document.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Teck has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the seventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies.
Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com. Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, HR, HR Generalist, Mining, Energy, Human Resources
Construction, Mining and Trades