Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team … help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records, and Tokayfor backflow prevention. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
The HR Advisor is a key member of the Al team who will have the opportunity to make a big impact on our vision for excellence in people and culture practices. This role will contribute to the overall HR team success by driving initiatives that impact employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, organizational change, talent management, talent acquisition, performance management, operational efficiency, and culture.
- Oversee full-cycle recruitment and HR tactical tasks including employee changes, onboarding, and departures.
- Provide training, guidance and mentorship to HR/Recruitment Co-ordinator.
- Assist in initiating change management procedures and integration processes.
- Provide human resources advice to create productive and cooperative work environments that enhance employee engagement.
- Improve recruitment processes, advertising strategies and/or innovative techniques to attract qualified candidates in a competitive marketplace.
- Maintain the performance management tools and actively participate in related training initiatives.
- Assist with labour/employee relations, attendance and performance management, employee engagement, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with administrative tasks within the HR team.
- Implement continuous improvement HR processes and practices.
- Set up employee surveys, analyze results, assist managers in the cascade of results, facilitate engagement improvement initiatives and monitor the engagement action plans completion.
- Assist in analyzing salary surveys to benchmark and assess market competitiveness. Play a key role in facilitating the compensation adjustment cycle.
- Develop, implement and administer cost-effective, market-competitive benefits programs.
- Analyze and prepare HR metrics, issues and trends for management to support data-based decision making.
- Completion of post-secondary education (ideally at the Bachelor level) in Human Resources Management.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a progressive junior to mid-level HR capacity.
- At least 3 years of recruiting experience using internet sourcing techniques and sites.
- Demonstrated expertise in HR Information System (HRIS) configurations, integrations and/or data conversions.
- Experience with HR systems in HRIS, Performance Management, Employee Engagement Applicant Tracking Systems is an asset.
- A broad perspective and integrated knowledge of HR management practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, multi-task and be proactive in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrated by proven ability to interpret and develop reports using such tools as Excel.
- Ability to facilitate, influence and negotiate in order to reach consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to think critically through issues providing reasoned and objective solutions and decisions.
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and time-driven deadlines and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Passionate about meeting or exceeding goals and expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Authentic approach and skilled in building trust.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and excellence in, collaborating with others. A dedicated team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and establish a high level of trust and credibility.
- Capacity to be flexible and collaborative, while staying focused to deliver results as the business and organization changes.
- Exceptional technical skills using MS Office Suite and Google Suite.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including MSP, Extended Health benefits, an RRSP program, additional paid days off, maternity & parental leave, volunteer leave and a fitness subsidy.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and you have the applicable skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference! Thanks for your interest in Aquatic Informatics.