HR Manager, Burnaby, BC
A Burnaby based technology company is looking for a hands-on, skilled HR Manager to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes. This organization prides itself on being a value based organization; who is consistently striving for excellence, taking ownership and being accountable. A high sense of integrity, passionate about their business and brand and a commitment to team collaboration.
Who you are!
The HR manager will promote corporate values and enable business success through human resources management, including job creation, recruitment, onboarding, performance management, training and development, and talent management.
Working under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer, the HR Manager will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives.
Where is it based?
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage of the HR Recruiter
- Handle the recruitment and selection process
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment and create strategies to build a more engaged work force.
- Manage the performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Review training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Prepare employment contracts, addendums, other documents, and internal regulations, including non-standard situations;
- Prepare documents for employment terminations and conducts employee Exit interviews, reporting on trends and evaluating information gained.
- Prepare reports that include HR information, according to the CEO and manager requests;
- Monitors and stays current with industry trends, best practices and legislative developments in all aspects of human resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in the Human Resources discipline.
- CHRP/CPHR designation or equivalent is an asset
- 5+ years experience in human resources management
- IT industry experience would be an asset
- Proven working experience as an HR manager or Senior Generalist looking for the next step
- Experience with immigration and work permits
- People oriented and results driven
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Office365
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Strong working knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights and Employment Law.
- Advanced communication (oral and written) skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Social Media and online resourcing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Broad experience in human resources, including recruitment and onboarding, salary administration, employee relations, policy administration, and legal compliance.
Timeline for this role
Expert Recruiters are short-listing candidates currently for client interviews beginning immediately once all due diligence has been completed. The goal is to have the successful candidate to start immediately.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Darcia Bower, quoting reference #2876-D, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.
Posted: February 14, 2018
Closes:April 15, 2018