If we asked you “what’s possible?” would you look for an answer?
HR Coordinator Opportunity
At HCMA, we use design and social sustainability to change the lives of our communities. To do this, we hire compassionate, intelligent, original people who want to make a difference.
Our shifting focus toward social impact, our desire for deeper community engagement, and our introduction of new design disciplines has led to exceptional growth over the past few years. Alongside that, TILT Curiosity Labs has changed our way of thinking, exposed us to new forms of creativity, and taught us countless lessons about design, compassion, and community.
As a key support to our Director of Human Resources, we are looking for a service oriented, self-driven, & professional HR Coordinator who will have a variety of HR responsibilities and opportunities to grow in their career.
- Full-cycle recruitment support including preparing job postings, candidate search, phone interviewing, coordinating in-person interviews, reference checks;
- Coordinating the HCMA student internship / co-op program with educational institutions and individuals domestically and internationally;
- Manage employee on/off boarding & employment change processes; ensure the accuracy of all employee documentation including benefits administration;
- Respond to general HR administrative & benefits inquiries; draft employee communication, develop forms & templates to support processes & maintain job descriptions;
- Work collaboratively with Administration on occupational health & safety initiatives;
- Participate in special projects and initiatives;
- Support HCMA culture through participation in firm, social and community initiatives & events;
- Experience could be 1-2 years in a similar role or completion of several HR co-op work terms.;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or Business Administration;
- Technically savvy with intermediate proficiency in MS Office suite and HR systems;
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Outstanding service orientation is a must;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Ability to handle confidential / sensitive information;
We want to understand your way of thinking and what you will bring to HCMA; your take on what Human Resources offers an organization, what you will bring to the HR team and why HCMA is the place for you.
With that in mind, please send your resume and answer the following questions in your cover letter, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a fantastic open work environment, really interesting work with lots of opportunity to grow your skills and socialize with your team mates. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Full disclosure of any restrictions must be disclosed at the time of expressing interest and supporting evidence provided prior to any potential offer of employment.
We appreciate your interest and thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity. We will be in touch with individuals whose profiles most closely match what’s needed to be successful in this role. No phone calls or agencies please.
About HCMA Architecture + Design
We want to look at spaces, places, architecture and design with fresh eyes – yours.Read More