Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date: Number of Opening:
As a Human Resources Business Partner with Finning, you will provide support for a full range of human resources services to all levels of leadership and employees within a specified geographic region to support the achievement of business objectives and goals.
You will act as a partner to the business leaders by embedding corporate HR strategy into day-to-day work and providing professional HR guidance and support to relevant internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business.
This is a great opportunity to utilize your partnering, communication and interpersonal skills to influence at all levels in a dynamic organization. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Education & Experience:
- Collaborate and work proactively with business leaders, including senior leaders and/or general managers, in the areas of annual workforce planning, succession planning, talent management and leadership coaching.
- Partner closely with the Global Centers of Excellences (COE) to implement human resources strategies, practices, processes, and programs that align to strategic goals and business priorities.
- Be recognized as a trusted business partner to the Finning leadership team and provide council on HR, workforce and leadership matters and issues.
- Coach and advise front-line managers in the interpretation and application of applicable Collective Agreements and/or other related Corporate policies.
- Facilitate and support leadership through the investigation process, including investigation resolution, progressive discipline application and potential employee termination.
- Assist leaders in addressing employee behavioral and performance concerns utilizing Finning performance management tools and conflict resolution strategies.
- Liaise with local Union Business Representatives on ongoing labour relations matters within respective client groups.
- Partner with client groups to design succession plans for key talent and positions. Identify training and development gaps and support the identification of high potential employees. Assists leaders in developing Career Development Plans with their employees and coaching leaders on career development discussions.
- Identify and evaluate changes in industry practices and business trends and capitalizes on opportunities that will improve client operations including increasing team engagement and addressing inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Develop and fostering the organization's culture to build the climate for success.
- Provide direction, guidance and assistance in the successful execution of annual HR programs across Finning including compensation planning, performance management and talent reviews.
- Identifies opportunities for educating and communicating with Finning's people (e.g. presentations, project rollouts etc.).
- Provide feedback to the HR Centers of Excellence regarding the effectiveness of Corporate programs and products.
- Post-secondary education in human resources management, labour relations management or a related field.
- 5+ or more years of professional-level human resource generalist experience, working and collaborating with business leaders in a consultative capacity.
- Previous experience working with HRIS systems. Previous experience with Workday considered an asset.
- HR designation (CPHR) or significant progress towards completion considered an asset
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint) and comfortable navigating in HRIS. Experience with Workday is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of labour and employment laws, regulations, procedures and standards in Canada.
- Proven experience in leading and managing the investigation process.
- Sound general knowledge of HR Programs, Policies & Procedures, Collective Agreements and relevant legislation coupled with business acumen.
- Extensive knowledge with organizational structure, change management, employee engagement, performance management, and leadership succession
- Thorough understanding of ability management and return to work practices and programs (STD, LTD, WCB)
- Understanding of Lean methodologies and continuous improvement fundamentals
- Experience working within a unionized heavy industrial environment is preferred.
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.