Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification
You are currently a HR coordinator or Junior Advisor/Business partner and looking for the next step on the HR ladder. You are best with minimal supervision, hyperspeed, and a little ambiguity. You love to partner, build a better way, work out loud, and #GSD while #BSU ing. You are an innate relationship builder, you possess a passion for infrastructure development, and you are a culture champion. You’re passionate about tech, social, and people, and you’re looking for an amazing place to expand your HR toolbox. Above all else you are bright, eager to roll up your sleeves and dive right in!
You have a passion for ‘everything people’ and understands the importance of an awesome employee experience. You have partnered cross-functionally with subject matter experts and globally within a people team ensuring your partners are supported and their people-related objectives are managed effectively (employees get what they need to be successful).
Working closely with the software development and product teams, you will interact with some of the most creative and analytical minds around. You will have the opportunity to think strategically as well as roll up your sleeves and dive deep into practical applications; helping develop and execute HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. You Have…
- 3+ years experience in a progressive HR role (preferably in tech).
- Successfully completed a related degree or equiv (or in the process of).
- Extensive knowledge of North American employment law and practices.
- The ability to work out loud, diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- The ability to interface effectively and build strong relationships with product and development professionals at all levels.
- The ability to work autonomously and as a part of a larger global team.
- Excellent communication skills to converse with a diverse business group.
- The agility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment.
- Confidence with the dynamics of a hyper growth tech (SaaS) environment.
- An aptitude for learning quickly and can think on your feet.
- A passion for ideas and those that are always raising the bar!
- A deep back pocket of resourceful and creative approaches to people management.
- Proven sense of responsibility and accountability.
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Experience with organizational change and thrive in environments where change is the norm.
- Assist managers to make appropriate resourcing choices, using succession plan data where appropriate; managing the promotion/transfer processes.
- Coach managers throughout all performance-related situations including Performance Improvement Plans and terminations.
Learning and Development
- Manage ER caseload for all manager-level employees, coaching line managers in best practice and working towards resolutions that:
- are in line with employment law and company values,
- meet business needs,
- enhance individual employees’ engagement and experience.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate ER records are accurate and up to date
Performance and Reward
- Partner with managers and team leads to identify their own and their teams requirements pertaining to skills/capability gaps and learning needs.
- Support people managers with performance and career related conversations regarding their team.
- Support managers and team leads in putting together development plans.
- Partner with our central Learning & Development team to evaluate opportunities for training & development.
- Deliver training sessions when relevant.
Employee engagement & Culture
- Oversee completion of regular performance review process.
- Support managers in identifying performance issues using people management tools to drive effective performance.
- Coach managers to build a high performing culture within their team and ensure top performers receive the recognition they deserve.
- Ensure performance management is always top of mind for managers and delivering real time feedback becomes second nature.
Organisation Design and Development
- Champion company culture initiatives and employee engagement programs.
- Make recommendations to increase employee engagement, based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Communicate and reinforce the company's values, beliefs and philosophies about people to enable us to develop a high performing organization.
- Foster and role-model a culture of service excellence, especially during times of change.
- Identify areas of improvement in organisation design, and make recommendations for change.
- Champion planned changes and initiatives.
- Support workforce planning for the Prod/Dev team ensuring short term and long term talent requirements are identified and development plans developed.
- Champion people management to ensure retention and development of staff in a way which improves performance of the business and builds the bench strength of the management whilst improving the performance and output of their own people resources.
- Previous experience partnering with ‘techie’ peeps (software developers, IT, security and product).
- Familiarity with HRIS and ATS systems like Workday and iCIMS.
- Passion for social media and social HR (#HootHROS & #HROS).
- A general inclination to finding laughter.