Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification
You are best with minimal supervision, hyperspeed, and a little ambiguity. You love to partner, build a better way, work out loud, have a good laugh and #GSD while #BSU ’ing. You are an innate relationship builder, you possess a passion for infrastructure development and you are a culture champion. You’re passionate about tech, social, people and you’re looking for an amazing place to expand your HR toolbox.
You are an experienced business partner who understands the importance of an awesome employee experience. You partner cross-functionally and globally within the People team to ensure best practices are followed, knowledge is transferred and employees get what they need to be successful.
It is ideal (but not a requirement) that you have supported fast paced revenue-generating teams and understand the complexities of a sales-focused, performance based organization. You are competitive by nature and drive yourself to hit milestones. You thrive on change, work with urgency and expect the same of the teams you support. You love to win! You Have…
- 3+ years experience in a progressive HR role (tech a bonus)
- Confidence with dynamics of hyper growth tech (saas) environment
- Deep back pocket of resourceful and creative approaches to people management
- Extensive knowledge of North American employment law and practices
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a larger global team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven sense of responsibility and accountability
- Forward thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Experience with organizational change and thrive in environments where change is the norm
- Keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree or other relevant post secondary education
Performance and Reward
- Champion company culture and employee engagement initiatives based on qualitative and quantitative data and best practice
- Coach managers to build a high performing culture within their team and ensure recognition and feedback become second nature
- Support managers in identifying performance issues; use people management tools to drive effective performance
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Manage ER caseload for all manager-level employees, coaching line managers in best practices that align with local employment law and company values, meet business needs and enhance individual employees’ engagement and experience
- Ensure accurate and appropriate ER records are accurate and up to date
Learning and Development
- Assist managers to identify skills and capabilities gaps and make appropriate resourcing choices using succession plan data where appropriate; manage any resulting promotion/transfer processes
- Coach managers throughout all performance-related situations including Performance Improvement Plans and terminations
Organisation Design and Development
- Partner with managers to identify capability gaps and learning needs
- Support people managers with performance and career related conversations regarding their team
- Coach employees on career development strategies and expectations
- Partner with central Learning & Development team to evaluate opportunities for training & development including
- Deliver training sessions when relevant
- Foster and role-model a culture of service excellence, especially during times of change
- Identify areas of improvement in organisation design and make recommendations for enhancement
- Champion planned changes and initiatives
- Previous experience partnering with the Global Sales, Corp Sales, Strat Sales, Customer Success, Partners and Pre Sales
- Previous recruitment experience
- Previous experience onboarding new employees
- Familiarity with HRIS and ATS systems like Workday and iCIMS
- Passion for social media and social HR (#HootHROS & #HROS)
- Ability to laugh at yourself!