Menno Place is one of BC's largest campuses-of-care ranging from independent living to complex care for 700 residents over 11.5 acres in Abbotsford, BC. Founded in 1953 by the Mennonite Benevolent Society, Menno Place has the privilege of serving the physical, emotional, spiritual and relational needs of residents, families and staff alike.
Menno Place is seeking Support Service Workers with demonstrated ability to do housekeeping duties in a residential setting. These positions begin on a casual basis with the ability to apply for part time and full time work when available.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Cleans and sanitizes areas such as floors, stairways, walls, windows and walkways by methods such as sweeping, spot washing, damp mopping, wet mopping, scrubbing, stripping, sealing, waxing, buffing and polishing.
- Cleans carpets and rugs by methods such as vacuuming, shampooing, brushing and shaking
- Cleans items such as furniture, woodwork, ledges, fixtures and blinds by methods such as dusting, polishing and wiping.
- Cleans and disinfects washrooms and replenishes items such as soap and towels
- Washes walls, windows and ceilings
- Strips and makes beds; cleans and tidies items such as cupboards, lockers, basins and tables; hangs and removes items such as drapes and bed curtains.
- Empties and cleans waste containers and removes and processes waste material as required.
- Reports damaged and/or inoperable fixtures and furniture.
- Clears snow from building entrances.
- Cleans tumblers and extractors as required
- Collects soiled linen from user areas and distributes clean linen to user areas.
- Unloads extractor and sorts and folds linen.
- Transports heavy equipment or furniture.
- Transports stock and materials to all areas.
- Unloads and unpacks stock, equipment and material
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds and carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Health & Safety
- Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers, and residents.
- Is alert to and promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations to immediate supervisor. Does not operate or use faulty equipment.
- Participates in fire safety demonstrations and fire drills, and knows the facility fire and disaster plan.
Prerequisite for hire: Criminal Record Check, TB Screening, Influenza Immunization.
Check us out at http://www.mennoplace.ca. We thank all applicants however will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual