Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with training and experience in Home Health? We have the position for you. We have an exciting opportunity for a Home Health Nurse in our New Westminster Community.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and residential care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating professional nursing care for clients with acute, chronic or palliative health care needs and their caregivers in a clinic, client home and/or community setting
- Assessing psychical, emotional and psychosocial needs of the clients and their families
- Collaborating with clients in formulating short and long term goals
- Participating in health promotion activities and acts as a liaison between the program, hospital units, community health and provides and community support services
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- One (1) year recent related community nursing experience in the designated clinical area
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes, as required
This role is a relief full-time position in New Westminster, BC. The city of New Westminster, is located on a hillside overlooking the Fraser River, is the oldest incorporated city in BC, was once the provincial capital, and remains an urban hub of the Lower Mainland. The Royal City, as it is still known, began as a pioneer settlement and evolved into a stately Victorian city, and today remains graced with many grand Victorian and Edwardian heritage buildings that you can visit.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you looking to transform your practice to a new level and join a team and an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place? You can join our dedicated team in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Apply today and take the next step in your career so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.