Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you a Registered Nurse with training and experience in home health? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Home Care Nurse in our Mission Community.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have positive and compassionate work environments where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating professional nursing care for clients with acute, chronic or palliative health care needs in their homes, community setting and/or clinic
- Collaborating with clients in formulating short and long term goals
- Providing health education to individuals, families, caregivers and other staff
- Participating in health promotion activities and acts as a liaison between the program, hospital units, community health and provides and community support services
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- One (1) year recent related community nursing experience in the designated clinical area,
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes, as required
This role is a relief full-time position located in Mission, BC. Mission is situated on a coastal mountain slope overlooking the lush valley of the Fraser River, Mission is a rapidly growing rural centre. Its resplendent mountains, idyllic meadows and natural forest settings blend well with a hometown feeling. The West Coast Express commuter rail offers easy access to many urban centres.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers.
We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply today, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.