High Profile Security Officers - North & West Vancouver
Reference ID: 292662
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
Job Skills / Requirements
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to travel to North Vancouver or West Vancouver.
• Must be able to type at least 40 words per minute and be comfortable with using a computer.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends).
• Preference will be given to those who have a security license.
• One year experience in the security industry or related field would be an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. An additional diploma/degree/certificate in criminology or a law-enforcement related study would be considered an asset.
• Must be able to pass a security clearance.
• Must meet all minimum requirements for a BC security license.
• Basic Security Training, OFA I, or CPI training would be considered an asset, however will be provided to successful applicants.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
• Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
• Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
• Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
• Detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
• Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
• Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Long Term Disability, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This is a Full and Part-Time position
Posted: March 14, 2018
Closes:May 13, 2018