High Profile North and West Vancouver Security Officer
Reference ID: 267763
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security is not only the largest security company in BC, but we're also the fastest growing company in the industry. We are currently recruiting high profile candidates to fill several openings at prestigious sites in the North Vancouver area including: ICBC, Lion's Gate Hospital, Capilano Mall, Residential Towers, Concierge roles and more!
We offer the most comprehensive training programs for all of our new employees including Basic Security Training, Occupational First Aid Level 1, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention at No Cost! We firmly believe and stand by our policy on supporting our employees by offering a variety of professional development opportunities and courses including promotion from within and supervisory/management training.
Job Skills / Requirements
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to travel to North Vancouver or West Vancouver.
• Must be able to type at least 40 word per minute and be comfortable with using a computer.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends).
• Preference will be given to those who have a security license.
• One year experience in the security industry or related field would be an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
• Must possess a High School Diploma. An additional diploma/degree/certificate in criminology or a law-enforcement related study would be considered an asset.
• Must be bondable and able to pass a security clearance.
• Must be 19 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in the Province.
• Basic Security Training, OFA I, or CPI training would be considered an asset, however will be provided to successful applicants.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
• Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
• Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
• Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
• Detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
• Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
• Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
All interested applicants are required to apply online at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: September 15, 2017
Closes:September 22, 2017