Hereditary Cancer Program Clerk Oncology Screening BC Cancer Vancouver $23.40/hr. What you do
- Receive patients and answer telephone calls regarding requests for appointments and general information about the HCP. Provide patients with information about resources (e.g. accommodation, financial assistance and transportation requirements).
- Direct patient enquiries to HCP staff as appropriate
- Schedule and book patient appointments according to the identified nature and urgency of the request. Adjust arrangements in response to patient, staff and facility requirements as necessary.
- Maintain patient referral files and documents all appointments.
- Access patient information on the Agency computer system and review to ensure completeness and accuracy; initiates action to obtain missing information as per established procedure.
- Enter information in the database(s) and prepares patient charts for HCP clinics.
- Using a personal computer types grant proposals, letters, memos and various forms. Update and formats program forms, brochures and pamphlets as directed.
What you bring
- Maintain adequate stock of printed program material.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Two (2) year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What you have the ability to
What's in it for you
- Type at 45 WPM
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
750 West Broadway, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 08:30 - 16:30
Requisition Number: 109947 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 15, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.