West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX, NYSE, and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for eight years. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Pacific Inland Resources Division, in Smithers, BC, has an opportunity for a fully certified:Heavy Duty Mechanic
This position offers a challenging, diverse and exciting opportunity to become part of our team. Job responsibilities fall within our Mobile Shop department. This position requires an individual who will perform a variety of tasks related to the safe and efficient application of the technical skills and knowledge of a Heavy Duty Mechanic. Duties involve the repair and maintenance of industrial equipment such as: Log loaders, Wheel Loaders, Forklifts and other mobile equipment used in the manufacture of lumber. Continually ensuring the quality and standards of service to safety and production are maintained.Your Qualifications:
Considered a strong asset:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson mechanic certification (3rd year apprentices will also be considered)
- Ability to read manuals and schematics
- Knowledge of Hydraulics
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Flexible schedule to work day, evening and weekend shifts
- Experience working in a fleet shop
- Cummins and Cat engine experience
- Strong Electrical background
Smithers is a welcoming, small Northern BC town with stunning vistas in all directions. An abundance of summer activities including fishing, boating, camping and hiking attracts both locals and visiting outdoor enthusiasts. The downtown has an alpine feel which adds to the town’s attraction and charm.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs
click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maintenance and Technicians